Sunday, November 05, 2006

2004 Bodegas Torremoron TEMPRANILLO (Ribera del Duero, Spain)

This wine is a good value. Though it's in a tighter, less fleshy style than I usually go for, I liked it -- it would go well with very rich meat sauces or stews or braised pot roasts.

Medium dark ruby, with magenta glints at the rim. Very bright, fruity/steely nose, with crisp raspberries and blueberries predominating. Medium-bodied, but tight and concentrated in the mouth, with good length and crisp acidity buoying up the finish. Flavors of dry essence of raspberry/blueberry liqueur. Maybe it'll soften and broaden over the next year, but I wouldn't bank on it, as wines with this level of acidity tend to stay pretty tight and focused, in my experience. Still, as I said, I liked it. 86. Was $8 and change at Spec's on Smith.

No comments: