Wednesday, February 22, 2006

2003 Bodegas Ercavio Tempranillo Roble (Tierra de Castilla, Spain)

Wow! Here's a really great inexpensive red -- if you can find it.

Deep, saturated black ruby-purple color. Amazing nose of blueberry liqueur, sweet cream, and graphite. Rich, youthful flavors of ripe blackberries, cassis, and scorched earth. Full bodied, with well-integrated soft tannin and a long finish. Beautifully balanced too. Great now, and will only improve over the next 2 years or so (and last even longer). 90+

One of the richest Tempranillos I've ever had at any price. Having read about it in The Wine Advocate, I couldn't find it in Houston at my usual wine haunts, and so ended up ordering it from Zachys.com in NY at $7.99/bottle.

1 comment:

David Ogilvie said...

Wow, you got it at a great price. I sell it for $10.99 and it is a phenominal wine. It is my favorite tempranillo that I sell.