Sunday, April 25, 2010

2006 Hacienda Molleda Carinena (100% GARNACHA) (Spain)


A very nice, pure-tasting Spanish Grenache. (Astute readers have deduced by now that I am partial to Grenache-based wines, as I feel they tend to go well with a lot of the dishes my wife Liz and I cook.)

High-toned, yeasty raspberries on the nose, with notes of powdered stone and a squeeze of lemon.

Lots of clean, ripe fruit in the mouth -- raspberry and crisp cherry -- with a liquid mineral streak. Fair amount of tannin. Not a lot of depth in the mid-palate, but nicely-balanced and clean. 87.

I have a vague recollection I got this at Central Market a few weeks ago, and that it was around $15. But don't quote me on that. Imported by Partick Mata at Olé Imports (a really good, young importer of generally zesty-styled Spanish reds).

No comments: