Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2006 Tres Valles CARMENERE Reserve (Curico Valley, Chile)

Another very good Carmenere at a fair price.

Completely saturated black ruby, shot-through with violet. Richly-sweet scents of blackberry syrup, moist tobacco leaves, and gravel. Round and thickly-textured, but with very good balance. Loads of sweet cassis and blackberry fruit, augmented with a sweet-smokey, oaky note, and some minerals in the finish. Kind of like an over-the-top Graves. 88. Was $14 and change at Spec's on Smith. Imported by Fleischer International.

(Sorry, no photo) (it's a gold label).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, hi. I just wanted to tell you that I have used your blog as a wine guide for almost a year now, since I live in Texas and have more or less similar access to these wines.

And since I generally have no clue what I'm getting, I really appreciate your posts.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom, we're new to the blogging community and hope to stay connected with fellow wine bloggers. Would you like to stay in touch with us?
lmattson@jordanwinery.com
blog.jordanwinery.com